Tuesday, December 30, 2008

TIME FOR GOD

What you are about to read are the index cards taped up in my daughters room around her mirror. I wrote these out for her a while ago. I am being honest when I admit to you that I don't think she reads them "my way", but I'm sure she reads them or has read them at some point and time. I want to share these with you because someone asked me "how do I pray and read my Bible". Well this is how I pray and as far as reading my Bible, well I started way back when in Proverbs with the day of the week being the chapter I read in. (in the car pool line,quick read, bed time,with the kids).She's new to relationships and "religion", so I thought it was important to familiarize her with who she is following. Well this is the best answer for her question that I could come up with knowing she was a new christian and not overwhelming her ( i tend to do that to some folks when i get excited) .Sometimes we just need it written down and so that's what I did for Stephanie. I have been reading over these index cards as I post them and I will admit my fault in not reading my taped up index cards like I should. If you have been over to our little home , you have seen, possibly read the index cards taped up everywhere . To some it may seem tacky , but this is how I learn...REPETITION!!!!..My niece lived in a troubled home and she would come home with us from monday thru saturday a lot of times just because she said she felt love at our house and not chaos.Well I wanted to tell her there was chaos she was to oblivious to hear,see or feel it. We don't have a perfect homelife but ya know when she told us that we knew we were doing something right according to Gods will for our life.
SUNDAY
Lord create in me the willingness to obey you. Create in me a pure heart to follow you.Renew me with your spirit.Sincerity and truth are what you desire. Help me radiate what is pleasing to you.Be merciful to me. How wonderful are the things you do and I put my hope in you.
MONDAY
Listen to my words oh Lord. If there is anything unpleasing in me I pray you snatch it out like you snatched Satan from heaven. I come to you lord for protection,never let me be defeated. I trust in you and I will be glad and rejoice in you all my days. Find me faithful in your eyes as I desperately try to serve you.
TUESDAY
Teach me lord what you want me to do and I will obey you faithfully.Teach me to serve you with complete devotion. I am helpless and weak without you. Guide me in the way I should go.Listen to my words oh lord. Find me faithful to you as I serve you.
WEDNESDAY
I praise you lord because you have saved me. I place myself in your care.Shelter me from danger. Save me from those who do me wrong. I call to you lord,don't let me be of the disgraced but those who persecute me be disgraced instead. I trust in your holy name. I give thanks to you and I know your word is true.
THURSDAY
Oh lord i confess my sins to you (name your sins).Teach me to honor you. I want a long life of happiness.Keep me from doing things that are not pleasing to you.May your constant love be with me always as I learn what is meant by serving you W-HOLY.
FRIDAY
I confess my sins to you, I will not hide my wrongdoings from you (name your sins).Fight those who fight against me. There is none like you. I will be glad and happy because you saved me. Your righteousness towers over me like mountains. How precious is your constant love for me. Find favor with me as I strive to be more and more like you.
SATURDAY
Lord guide me in the way I should go. I know you protect those who are pleasing to you. You are my shelter and strength. You are glorious and majestic.You are love. You love what is right and hate what is wrong. I pray thru my actions your fame will stay alive forever. Keep my steps safe as I continue my journey to be more pleasing to you.

THANKS FOR READING!!!

No comments: